What is a Career Cluster?
Career clusters group careers with similar skills and common themes. They are designed to help students acquire the knowledge and skills they need to reach their postsecondary and career goals. South Dakota recognizes 16 career clusters.
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
- Business Management & Administration
- Education & Training
- Government & Public Administration
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
Learn more about the 16 career clusters below!
What is a Career Pathway?
A career pathway is an area of concentration within a career cluster. Each pathway contains a group of careers requiring similar academic and technical skills as well as requiring similar industry certifications or postsecondary education.