Accepted to WDT!
With more than 30 programs in a variety of fields, Western Dakota Technical Institute is the only technical institute serving the western South Dakota region.
From business and computers to construction trades, health services to legal and public services, WDT is where your future begins.
Established in 1968, WDT is located in Rapid City in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Vibrant student life opportunities allow students to sharpen leadership and teamwork skills, discover new interests and make friendships. Campus clubs vary by interest and participation. Some recent activities include the Blacksmithing Club, Computer-Aided Drafting Club, Eagle Feather Society, Electrical Trades Club, Student Government Association and more.
Of 2016 graduates, 96% are employed or continuing their education. Of those employed in their field, 97% are employed in South Dakota.
- Type of school: 2-year technical institute
- Academic programs: Associate of applied science degree, diploma and certificate programs in areas of study including business and computers, construction and manufacturing, energy and environmental technologies, health sciences, public services and transportation technologies.
- 2017-18 tuition & state fees per credit hour: $155
- Individual technical institutes assess local and program fees beyond state tuition and fees. Costs vary by program.
- Find more information on the 2017-18 cost sheet.
- 2016-17 enrollment: 1,073
Office of Admissions