Accepted to USD
The University of South Dakota is the best of both worlds. It’s a big-time university with a small-college feel. USD offers the perks of the largest institutions, including NCAA Division I athletics, 200+ academic programs, 150+ clubs, the state’s only law school, medical school and college of fine arts, and much more. But USD also provides students with the strong sense of community typically only found at a small college.
USD’s nationally recognized academic programs and out-of-class opportunities, including research and internships, provide students with valuable hands-on experiences that contribute to their success after graduation.
Located in Vermillion, along the bluffs above the Missouri River in the southeast corner of the state, students take advantage of local restaurants and shops as well as the outdoor entertainment opportunities that are just steps away from campus.
- Type of school: 4-year public university
- Academic programs: Over 200 associate and bachelor’s degree programs in the liberal arts and sciences, business, education, health sciences and fine arts. More than 70 master’s and doctoral degree programs, including the Master’s Educational Specialist degree program and doctoral degree programs in selected arts and sciences, business, education and medical basic sciences.
- Fall 2017 headcount enrollment: 10,261 (6,060 on-campus, 4,201 off-campus and distance)
- % of students receiving financial aid in FY 17: 74%
- 2017-18 cost information (rates subject to change)*
South Dakota undergraduate student (30 credit hours)
Tuition and fees: $8,772.00
Room and board: $8,905.90
Annual total: $17,677.90
* Based on double occupancy room and approximately 15 meals per week, the required meal plan for all freshmen living on campus