Southeast Technical Institute’s 50+ programs have been developed in direct response to market demand and industry leadership. The results are career-relevant graduates who have the ability to hit the ground running with hands-on knowledge and skills and direct connections to the Sioux Falls regional job market.
Southeast Tech opened in 1968 and is located in Sioux Falls, S.D., the state’s largest city, with a metro population of 230,000. Sioux Falls is known for its urban flair and upbeat friendliness as well as consistently being chosen as one of America’s best places to live and work.
Students will find opportunities to be involved in multiple student organizations, a Student Government Association, on-campus events and clubs, and intramural sports.
In summer 2017, Southeast Tech received the Noel-Levitz Retention Excellence Award for its student support services. All Southeast Tech employees are dedicated to helping students succeed.
Of 2017 graduates, 96% are employed or continuing their education. Of those employed in their field, 81% are employed in South Dakota.
- Type of school: 2-year technical institute
- Academic programs: Associate of applied science degree, diploma and certificate programs in areas of study including engineering technology, industrial technology, information technology, business and communications, transportation technology, horticulture technology, human services and medical technology.
- 2018-19 tuition & state fees per credit hour: $157
- Individual technical institutes assess local and program fees beyond state tuition and fees. Costs vary by program.
- Find more information on the 2018-19 tuition and fee schedule.
- Fall 2017 enrollment: 2,301
Office of Admissions