Accepted to SDSU
South Dakota State University is the state’s largest, most comprehensive higher education institution, with 73 majors, 36 specializations, 75 minors, 33 master’s degree programs, 15 Ph.D. programs and two professional doctorates.
The SDSU Jackrabbits compete at the National Collegiate Athletic Association Division I level in all sports, including the Football Championship Subdivision. Jackrabbits teams play in the Summit League, with the exception of football, wrestling and equestrian. SDSU is a member of the Missouri Valley Football Conference and the Big XII Conference as an affiliate member for wrestling.
SDSU is located in Brookings, S.D., just 55 miles north of Sioux Falls, the state’s largest city.
- Type of school: 4-year public university
- Academic programs: Associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs in the liberal arts and sciences, agriculture, education, engineering, family and consumer sciences and nursing. Professional degree programs in nursing and pharmacy.
- Fall 2017 headcount enrollment: 12,527 (9,729 on-campus; 2,798 off-campus and distance)
- % of students receiving financial aid in FY 17: 84%
- 2017-18 cost information (rates subject to change)*
South Dakota undergraduate student (30 credit hours)
Tuition and fees: $8,440.50
Room and board: $6,943.80
Annual total: $15,384.30
* Based on double occupancy room and approximately 15 meals per week, the required meal plan for all freshmen living on campus