Accepted to SDSMT
Founded in 1885 to provide instruction in the region’s primary industry, mining, today the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology has evolved into one of the leading science and engineering universities in the region.
Ninety-seven percent of recent graduates entered graduate school (including medical school) or started their careers at an average starting salary of $61,346.
Located in Rapid City, S.D., in the beautiful Black Hills, students can enjoy an outdoor playground at their doorstep with hiking, biking, skiing or rock climbing. With more than 80 clubs and organizations and 12 intercollegiate Division II National Collegiate Athletic Association athletic teams, there is plenty to keep students busy.
- Type of school: 4-year public university
- Academic programs: Bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs in engineering and science disciplines. Opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students to participate in research.
- Fall 2017 headcount enrollment: 2,778 (2,647 on-campus; 131 off-campus and distance)
- % of students receiving financial aid in FY 17: 75%
- 2017-18 cost information (rates subject to change)*
South Dakota undergraduate student (30 credit hours) Tuition and fees: $9,627.00
Room and board: $7,011.60
Annual total: $16,638.60
* Based on double occupancy room and approximately 15 meals per week, the required meal plan for all freshmen living on campus