Accepted to MTI
Mitchell Technical Institute prepares graduates for lifelong learning by building skills in technology, communication, professionalism, problem solving, teamwork and adaptability. With a focus on innovation, MTI integrates state-of-the-art technologies, instructional methods and facilities to deliver a high-quality, unique educational experience.
MTI opened in 1968 and has a close relationship with Mitchell, S.D., and regional communities. Students will find plenty to do around campus, whether it’s a movie night, hypnotist show, dance or family event; a team or intramural sport like flag football, co-ed volleyball, trap shooting or softball; a college sanctioned sport like NIRA rodeo or archery; or a community activity like theater, music or volunteering.
Of 2017 graduates, 98% are employed or continuing their education. Of those employed in their field, 81% are employed in South Dakota.
- Type of school: 2-year technical institute
- Academic programs: Associate of applied science degree, diploma and certificate programs in areas of study including agriculture and transportation technologies, engineering technologies, energy production and transmission, construction and manufacturing technologies and health sciences.
- 2018-19 tuition & state fees per credit hour: $157
- Individual technical institutes assess local and program fees beyond state tuition and fees. Costs vary by program.
- Find more information on the 2018-19 cost sheet.
- Fall 2017 enrollment: 1,208