Accepted to DSU
Dakota State University was founded in 1881 as a school for teacher education in the Dakota Territory. Today, it’s one of the most technologically-advanced campuses in the Midwest. The school specializes in computer management, computer information systems and other related undergraduate and graduate programs. Staying true to its roots, DSU places special emphasis on the preparation of teachers with expertise in the use of computer technology in the teaching and learning process.
DSU is located in Madison, S.D., a bustling community with a friendly, small-town feel in the southeastern section of the state, just an hour from Sioux Falls, the state’s largest city.
DSU is a member of the North Star Athletic Association, a division of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, and is represented by 12 sports teams.
- Type of school: 4-year public university
- Academic programs: Bachelor’s and associate degree programs in business, computer science and information systems, education, math and physical science. Master’s degree programs in educational technology, information systems, information assurance, health informatics, business administration and applied computer science. Doctoral degrees in information systems and cyber security.
- Fall 2017 headcount enrollment: 3,307 (1,342 on-campus; 1,965 off-campus and distance)
- % of students receiving financial aid in FY 17: 76%
- 2017-18 cost information (rates subject to change)*
South Dakota undergraduate student (30 credit hours)
Tuition and fees: $9,147.00
Room and board: $6,719.50
Annual total: $15,866.50
* Based on double occupancy room and approximately 15 meals per week, the required meal plan for all freshmen living on campus