Accepted to BHSU
Black Hills State University’s campus leads the region in sustainability efforts, and the school maintains top academic programs in business, exercise science, natural sciences, social sciences, the arts, mass communication, health sciences and education.
The university, founded in 1883, is located in Spearfish, S.D., in the northern Black Hills, a region abundant with outdoor activity and culture. Spearfish is recognized as one of the top 10 most livable small towns in the U.S. and has also been recognized nationally for outdoor recreational opportunities.
A second location, BHSU-RC, was recently established in nearby Rapid City.
BHSU, a member of National Collegiate Athletic Association Division II athletics, offers 14 sports and has a legacy of champion rodeo teams.
- Type of school: 4-year public university
- Academic programs: Bachelor’s, associate, master’s degree and pre-professional programs. Programs include business, exercise science, natural sciences, social sciences, the arts, mass communication, health sciences and education.
- Fall 2017 headcount enrollment: 4,178 (2,039 on-campus; 2,139 off-campus and distance)
- % of students receiving financial aid in FY 17: 89%
- 2017-18 cost information (rates subject to change)*
South Dakota undergraduate student (30 credit hours)
Tuition and fees: $8,601.00
Room and board: $6,820.40
Annual total: $15,421.40
* Based on double occupancy room and approximately 15 meals per week, the required meal plan for all freshmen living on campus
Office of Admissions