What is a Career Cluster?
Career clusters group careers with similar skills and common themes. They are designed to help students acquire the knowledge and skills they need to reach their postsecondary and career goals. South Dakota recognizes 16 career clusters. Explore the career pathways available to you below:
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
- Business Management & Administration
- Education & Training
- Government & Public Affairs
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
What is a Career Pathway?
A career pathway is an area of concentration within a career cluster. Each pathway contains a group of careers requiring similar academic and technical skills as well as requiring similar industry certifications or postsecondary education.