Career & Technical Education
February was CTE Month®! Click the icon below to view recorded webinars and outstanding CTE teacher recognized during CTE Month.
What is CTE?
CTE stands for Career and Technical Education. It's a cutting edge, rigorous program that puts an emphasis on career education. It's student driven, not teacher driven. It's hands-on learning that helps students apply what they learn, opening doors to all kinds of possibilities.
How do students benefit?
CTE is a way for students to jump-start their career. Here's how they benefit:
- Explore a variety of careers for FREE
- Participate in hands-on coursework to stimulate on-the-job training
- Solve real world problems
- Work side-by-side with professionals
- Develop leaderships skills
- Save time and money toward postsecondary career
- Get exposure to workplace experiences
- Earn university and technical institute credit and industry certifications
Learn more about CTE by watching this short video and visit the DOE website